TOM “TheBlackFin” EDWARDS is the Vice President, Digital Strategy for The Marketing Arm, an Omnicom Group Agency (NYSE: OMC) and Principal of BlackFin360, LLC. a digital marketing consulting firm based in Dallas, TX.
He brings over thirteen years of domestic & international experience defining interactive solutions for Fortune 1000 companies. The past five years were dedicated to enabling organizations to meet & exceed business goals via social media solutions. This included defining, implementing and measuring social media solutions across multiple social channels while integrating efforts with existing go-to-market strategies.
Tom is formerly the Chief Marketing Officer of the cloud based social solution provider INgage networks and prior to INgage he was the Vice President, Worldwide Sales & Marketing of co-market leading (Forrester, Gartner) social solution provider Telligent Systems. During this time Tom covered multiple industry segments (Automotive, Retail, Consumer Package Goods, Health Care, Finance, etc.). Tom was also a co-founder of Smooth Fusion, Inc. Smooth Fusion specializes in web/mobile/social application development in support of agency (WPP, Interpublic, Omnicom) & client initiatives.
Tom specializes in defining digital/social strategy and application of Web based and mobile solutions. Previous clients include: Microsoft, P&G, Hasbro, Walt Disney, American Express, Dell, Electronic Arts, General Mills, & Intel.
Tom also serves as a formal advisor & board member for multiple technology start-ups.
To view recommendations from brands such as Microsoft, Hasbro, Dell, American Airlines, MSNBC & Electronic Arts. Please visit my Linkedin Profile.
Below is a recap of Digital Experience [2000-2011]
As Vice President of Digital Strategy for The Marketing Arm (NYSE: OMC), I oversee, create, and execute digital strategy and programs for the agency’s clients.
3 areas of responsibility within this role including:
* Lead digital, social and emerging media strategy & POVs for the Centralized Agency Resources (CAR) division of The Marketing Arm, servicing all business units
* Lead social strategy, concept, social marketing teams and paid media resources for TMAs social agency, Fanscape
* Lead strategist/architect of TMAs embedded crowdsourcing practice with 2 platforms developed & launched, Flockstar & Crowdsworth
* Current clients include: Mars (Snickers), GameStop, AT&T, Hilton, Frito-Lay, State Farm, American Airlines
Red Urban is a progressive Omnicom digital agency providing captivating digital solutions from conception through execution. We leverage the latest tactics that drive through to measurable results grounded in the clients objectives.
* Partner with client brands & agency partners to define integrated & measurable digital/social/mobile strategies
* Responsible for building social media practice within The Component Group (Omnicom Group/NYSE: OMC) including creation of the Red Urban Digital Value Index
* Provide insight & recommendations on how to leverage emerging technology (Mobile, Augmented Reality, 3D, Proximity Solutions, etc.) to drive specific results tied to acquisition, engagement & advocacy
* Focused on extending digital into retail settings to drive path to purchase conversion as well as enabling commerce & mobile loyalty
* Responsible for social analytics service offering & analysis
* Provide POV on emerging technologies & trends
* Lead Social Audit & Strategy sessions focused on planning, application, strategy, integration & measurement
* Extensive experience defining & deploying integrated domestic & international social media programs across multiple consumer social channels including: Facebook, (Custom Apps/Tabs, Promotions, commerce), YouTube (Custom & Integrated Channels) Twitter (Promotions, Tweet Chats), USTREAM.TV (Live Stream & Integration), Xbox Live (Cross Promotion, Avatars), Gaia Online, MySpace, etc… as well as 100′s of Fortune 1000 deployments of Branded Social solutions from full-scale on-premise or cloud based communities (Forums, Blogs, Groups, Wiki’s, etc..) as well as mobile web & apps as well as hyper-local proximity solutions in support of integrated campaigns
* Experience identifying & activating blogger networks (Moms, Dads, Tech, Gamers) to drive awareness of programs and to increase unique content creation on behalf of brands
INgage Networks f/k/a Neighborhood America is a Social Media SaaS provider focused on comprehensive social solutions
* Marketing Efforts led to growth during an economic downturn
* Efforts opened new market segments while gaining significant traction with industry analysts and capturing market share from competitors
* Analyst outreach program resulted in inclusion in many industry reports as well as delivering the first reference in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant
* Led creation of customer acquisition strategy including implementation of lead qualification methodology
* Redefined digital strategy including the creation of a digital marketing department
* Rebranded a 10 yr old company within a 6 week time period with internal resources to better prepare for global expansion
* Created GTM strategies targeting specific vertical market segments (Finance, CPG, Healthcare)
* Executed step function SEO & SMO improvements and drove value definition and MBO’s to secure adequate budget
* Efforts led to record increases in traffic, unique views and true visibility into logo account visits
* Developed comprehensive GTM strategy aligning with Microsoft outlining joint international expansion
* Incorporated market research and customer strategy focus to drive optimal value position with prospective customers as well as led strategic planning sessions with Fortune 25 organizations
* Drove elements of product innovation including market position, GTM strategies and product enhancements
Formerly the CMO & VP, Sales. Sales responsibilities included:
* Direct Sales ownership including development of sales methodology and GTM strategy for a geographically distributed sales force targeting enterprise and public sector accounts.
* Channel/Alliance – Own the programmatic build-out of our channel sales strategy including strategic and programmatic direct partner interaction and enablement.
Telligent is a recognized leader in the enterprise social collaboration space that provides social software & analytics.
During my tenure revenue grew 7x with a 600% increase against revenue generated prior to my arrival. Results led to a $20 Million investment from Intel Capital. http://bit.ly/r4ixQ
Responsible for the sales & marketing as well as client engagement strategy, planning and execution of the various Product, Services and Advertising Sales business units of Telligent Systems. Led interactive/social strategy engagements with our Enterprise client base.
* Built the team from 1 inside rep to a highly functioning Domestic & International sales force that consistenly exceeded quota
* Drove profitability and revenue with consistent QoQ growth
* Implemented sales standards & forecasting methodology
* Defined client engagement standards & sales workflow
* Engaged directly with clients & led interactive strategy sessions with a number of Fortune 1000 organizations
* Focused on the development of strategic anchor accounts to drive high volumes of aggregate revenue
* Instrumental in growing strategic partnership with Microsoft including Managed Partner Status & alignment with various industry specific sales organizations including: High Tech Manufacturing, Consumer Packaged Goods, Automotive, Health Care & Chemical.
* Defined Telligent, CodeSmith, SixFires GTM strategy for the various products & services
* Team efforts drove awareness to a co-leadership position in the Q1 2009 Forrester Wave Report for Social Solutions
* Owned Lead Generation & Brand Standards driving record lead throughput which directly contributed to bottom-line revenue
* Defined PR strategy for online & offline outreach, case studies, press releases, analyst relations & media tours
* Conducted competitive, target market & positioning analysis for the various product offerings
Co-Founder & Partner in the creation of Smooth Fusion, Inc. Smooth Fusion specializes in web/mobile/social application development in support of agency (WPP, Interpublic, Omnicom) & client (Microsoft) initiatives.
* Defined strategy for corporate marketing initiatives (Products & Services)
* Defined Account Management process, strategy, and execution
* Responsible for build-out and oversight of the northwest region including staffing and business development
* Managed channel partner and supply chain relationships (E-commerce)
* Managed strategic accounts (Microsoft) and relationships (Agencies – Y&R, Wunderman, DDB Direct)
* Contributed directly to Microsoft Preferred Vendor Status
* Founder/Partner in the formation of Smooth Fusion, Inc.
Fullmoon Interactive was a full service interactive agency and part of the eMarketplace network of internet properties. Clients included AOL, Dell, Citigroup, Gillette & American Express.
* Managed the professional services of the Texas division of Full Moon Interactive
* Defined strategic direction for professional service teams including analysis of utilization, and profitability
* Built and maintained strategic teams to achieve organizational objectives