This past week, over 30,000 digitally centric professionals, including myself and Ian Beacraft, descended on Austin, Texas for SXSW Interactive 2017. Our focus was to meet with key strategic partners, gauge emerging trends, monitor product launches and most importantly create content and POVs.
Content included a comprehensive text based trend recap download, live streaming from the trade show floor as well as a full video recap.
Over the years SXSW was an ideal event to gauge and project consumer centric tech trends. From Twitter empowering consumers in 2007, Foursquare focusing on location in 2009, social proximity with Highlight in 2012 and live streaming via Meerkat in 2015.
2017 focused on the rise of intelligent systems from a content perspective and immersive experiences bridged physical to digital.
Marketing is quickly shifting from disruptive tech to acceleration through intelligent systems. It’s less about the latest app fad, and more about how quickly the combination of data, intelligent systems and smart environments are going to impact consumer behavior in the future.
The technology featured at SXSWi 2017 aligns with my view of the coming intelligence revolution. This revolution will be built on new data types that will simplify complex tasks, predict need states and usher in new forms of computing that will radically alter how we connect with both consumers and intelligent proxies.
The attached event recap highlights trends across our framework of Connection, Cognition, Immersion & Convergence which is building towards enabling the acceleration of the Intelligence Revolution.
Connection – Trends that reimagine how we connect, enable and empower consumers.
- How conversational experiences are evolving and the impact that voice based experiences will have on the web
- How social proximity and personalization have been refined
- How interactive video is evolving
Cognition – Trends where machine-based intelligence will disrupt and redefine data assets and how we work.
- Understand the evolution of storytelling through AI and the importance of data design
- How emotive robotics will serve as a bridge between general assistants of today to the intelligent and more human systems of tomorrow
- Learn more about the friction between artificial intelligence and intelligence augmentation of humans
- Learn about the pending intelligence revolution and the role that the Proxy Web will play
Immersion – Trends that align technology and presence to evoke emotion, entertain and power commerce
- Understand the evolution of immersive and full sensory experiences. From new forms of user interfaces such as light to mixed reality and everything in-between
Here is the download for the SXSW 2017 Trend Recap and Full Recap Video.
Follow Tom Edwards @BlackFin360
Follow Ian Beacraft @Ianbcraft
Share this post on Linkedin