Technology is now essential to our daily lives. Accessibility and empowerment has transformed how we connect and communicate. This has led to new forms of user interaction that will usher in the business models of the future.
2017 will be comprised of new types of conversational experiences to connect with consumers. It will see the continued evolution of artificial intelligence and connected systems as well as the rapid rise of third-party ecosystems supporting virtual, augmented and mixed reality.
The following trend deck outlines the evolution of marketing in 2017 through the consumer centric filters of connection, cognition and immersion and is now available for download.
- CONNECTION – Trends that reimagine how we connect, enable and empower consumers.
- Examples include: Simplified Conversational Experiences, Pervasive Voice-Based Interfaces, Search and Retrieval to 1:1 Prediction, Affective Datasets and eSports
- COGNITION – Trends where machine based intelligence will disrupt and redefine data assets and how we work.
- Examples include: Machine Learning as a Service, Centaur Intelligence, Blockchain & AI
- IMMERSION – Trends that align technology and presence to evoke emotion, entertain and power commerce.
- Examples include: Democratization of VR, VR Commerce, Social VR, (Re)Mixed Reality
- ZONE OF CONVERGENCE – Trends that align elements of connection, cognition and immersion that will redefine consumer engagement.
- Examples include: Cars as the next Mobile Platform, Holographic Computing, Ambient Computing.
How we consume and interact via digital channels is about to be absorbed and redefined. We believe that 2017 will begin the convergence of connection, cognition and immersion toward an ambient computing future built on new data types that will simplify complex tasks and predict need states vs reacting.
Follow Tom Edwards @BlackFin360