I had the opportunity to provide a keynote on tech innovation for the 2019 Path to Purchase Expo in Chicago yesterday. It was a great crowd, high energy, and with a 30-minute timeslot, we had to cover a lot of ground!
The focus of the talk was discussing the coming waves of technology and how that will impact consumer behavior along the path to purchase. This is the latest version of the InnovationToReality talk series covering all facets of consumer behavior and emerging technology.
We discussed how Star Wars, Fortnite, Pixar Movies, & The Matrix highlight how emerging technology and consumer behavior will shift in the near future. We also discussed:
- the role of esports
- the camera as a bridge to intelligence
- the role of virtual assistants and commerce
- the rise of the proxy web
- the 5 levels of autonomy
- how the new 4P’s will enhance future strategy
- the role and importance of 5G in the transition towards ubiquitous simulation.